CPD Course Development Lead
PROCAT is a specialist college which has been established to meet the workforce development needs of businesses which operate in sectors which are critical to the UK economy. This includes advanced apprenticeships to secure a pipeline of new talent, higher and degree apprenticeships to support advanced engineering capability and bespoke training solutions to develop the expertise and skills of the existing workforce. We’re passionate about creating improved learning opportunities for the people of South Essex. Across each of our sites we work in partnership with universities, employers and other organisations to ensure we provide the very best learning and training opportunities for our students.
We wish to continue and grow, providing and creating more opportunities for young men and women alike, using the STEM strategy to teach; and working closely and developing relationships with companies to create the best possible careers for their futures.
Due to a period of growth we have an opportunity for a CPD Course Development Lead to support the CPD team with course product development as well as with the development and coordination work in relation to bespoke and tailored training solutions for key accounts.
The ideal candidate for this role will combine their experience in teaching and learning with an outstanding ability to understand subject area requirements, work with subject area experts to develop course content, advise customers and provide excellent customer service.
- Broadening, developing and improving the PROCAT CPD course offer
- Carrying out training needs analyses and customer consultations to increase business
- Adapting existing courses to fit with specific client requirements
- Creating new course content
Quality Measures / Outputs:
- Increase in bespoke training delivered to customers
- Creation of new courses to support the delivery of the Commercial CPD targets
- Retained or improved customer evaluation results
How outputs will be achieved:
- Working with the CPD team to answer customer needs with the development of bespoke training solutions
- Carrying out research into existing training provisions and solutions and analysing market developments
- Establishing and maintaining a high level of awareness of developments in educational organisations, e.g. the DTI, accreditation bodies, industry associations etc.
- Liaising with PROCAT trainers and tutors as well as with third party training providers and associate trainers about training content and schedules
- Developing proposals for new training courses for PROCAT and for customers, which are relevant, of interest to the market, realistically costed and resourceable
- Presenting proposals internally as well as externally
- Ensuring a high level of client satisfaction and repeat business
Safeguarding responsibilities (all staff)
- To take responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of young people
- To be familiar and act in accordance with PROCAT’s safeguarding policies and procedures
- Ensure that PROCAT provides a safe, fair and respectful work and learning environment
Health and Safety responsibilities (all staff)
- Responsible for your own health and safety in the workplace and that of other staff, students and visitors to our sites
- Ensure you are familiar and compliant with Risk Assessments relevant to your department
- Challenge and report any dangerous behaviour to the Health and Safety Team
- Report any accidents or near misses ensuring relevant paperwork is completed in timely fashion and submitted to the Health and Safety Team
- Maintenance of your Personal Protection Equipment