0.5 Lecturer in Beauty Therapy
1 day left
- Part Time
18.5 hours per week, 52 weeks per year
The Faculty of Business and Services is currently looking for a Lecturer in Beauty Therapy to undertake teaching and course leadership responsibilities within Hairdressing and to be responsible for various administrative tasks as requested by the Head of Salon Studies.
With GCSEs in English and Maths at level 9-4 or equivalent and a level 3 qualification in Beauty Therapy (or equivalent), you will also have teaching/training experience and current, up-to-date industrial knowledge and experience. A certificate in Education or equivalent (or the willingness to obtain this in post) is also essential.
- To teach across a range of Beauty Therapy curriculum.
- To assist in the effective, efficient management and administration of Beauty Therapy.
- To provide support and guidance to students in assessment planning and subject delivery.
- To carry out industrial work placement activity as required.
- To monitor standards of students’ work in line with awarding body guidelines.
- To provide personal and academic tutorial support for allocated student groups.
- To carry out assessment activities through supervising examinations, marking student work, designing and setting assessed work.
- To participate in the evaluation and development of the curriculum.
- To work to promote and apply the College’s Safeguarding and Child Protection policy and practices.
- Work to promote Equality and Diversity in all aspects of the role.
- To engage in marketing and publicity activities as necessary.
- To attend all team meetings as appropriate.
- To undertake such other duties as may be required by or on behalf of Colchester Institute provided that they are consistent with the nature of the post.