Safety Health and Environment Advisor
Great holiday allowance, excellent benefits package, 1000s of retail discounts and fantastic pension options.
The LTE Group is a unique social enterprise, dedicated to providing quality learning, training and employment opportunities across the UK- Join our group today!
Location: Openshaw (moving to our Wythenshawe Campus in early 2018)
We have a great opportunity to join our Safety, Health and Environment Team as one of our new Health and Safety Advisors.
- Develop, implement and evaluate SHE Policy and procedure.
- Work with divisions and business areas to improve safety of learners, employees, visitors and contractors.
- Provide emergency response and investigatory services following incidents.
- Assist divisions and business areas with:
- workplace risk assessments and the development of controls to eliminate or reduce risk;
- identification of hazardous agents, their assessment and determination of controls.
The LTE group structure encompasses the strengths of each of our individual organisations (The Manchester College, Novus, MOL and LTE) allowing them the freedom to focus on their own learners, colleagues, stakeholders and communities, whilst providing the support and added value of a Group.
The role of the Group SHE Advisor is to develop and monitor safety, health and environmental Policy to ensure all Group divisions and business areas meet and exceed statutory and non-statutory requirements.
In order to do this role you will need:
- To demonstrate a significant contribution to improving safety, health and environmental performance;
- Extensive knowledge of health and safety legislation and its practical application;
- Formal recognised Health & Safety qualifications (IOSH,NEBOSH, IIRSM, BOHS);
- High level of technical competence, knowledge and experience gained within a multi-location environment.
The LTE Group is an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community.
All applicants must demonstrate in their application their ability to meet the Key Responsibilities, Key Result Areas and Qualifications/Skills/Experience detailed within the role profile for shortlisting purposes.
Salaries are based on skills, qualifications and experience. All salaries are subject to job evaluation.