Head of Department - Service and Retail Industries
Location: Openshaw Campus
18.5 hours per week
Great holiday allowance, excellent benefits package, 1000s of retail discounts and fantastic pension options.
Be part of our vision in becoming the leading college for progression and employability. Become our new Head of Department of Service and Retail Industries.
As Head of Department Service and Retail Industries, you will become a leading senior figure in the Service and Retail Industries team helping us reach our College 2020 strategic plan. Our size, scope and geographic spread enables The Manchester College to operate at the heart of Greater Manchester education. In joining our team as a Head of Department you`ll become part of the unique LTE Group, shaping the development of education delivery. Our programmes are employment focused by industry specialists with tomorrows business professionals in mind.
The Manchester College is based at many sites across the city, each with its own specialist cutting edge facilities within a friendly and supportive environment. We are the largest FE college in the UK providing education and training to a wide range of learners.
As a Head of Department you will report to the Assistant Principal in the management and operation of the Department. You will work with the Assistant Principal to effectively manage and deploy budgets and resources. You will be responsible for the direct line management of teaching and support staff to ensure delivery of an outstanding, quality focused education. You will be required to deliver and promote high quality, student focused teaching and learning.
In order to do this, you will need to:
- Have a teaching / assessing (as appropriate) qualification and subject specialist qualification at Level 4 (Level 5 - new standards) with a commitment to obtain the relevant outstanding Level 4 (Level 5 - new standards) qualification within a specified time scale.
- Be responsible for the development, implementation and management of provision within the Department.
- Ensure that the curriculum meets the needs of Industry, local communities, national priorities awarding bodies, funding bodies and partnerships including EFA, SFA, HEFCE and others.
- Line manage staff including providing support, identifying development needs and opportunities and managing performance in line with college HR procedures
- Deliver outstanding teaching in-line with contractual agreement.
The Manchester College is an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community. We have also recently been awarded the Investors in Diversity award.
All applicants must demonstrate in their application their ability to meet the Key Responsibilities, Key Result Areas and Qualifications/Skills/Experience detailed within the role profile for shortlisting purposes
Salaries are based on skills, qualifications and experience. All salaries are subject to job evaluation.