Apprentice Electrical Technical Engineer (L3)
3 days left
- Full Time
Employer: Pacepaker Services Limited
Apprenticeship level: Advanced
Apprenticeship duration: 3 years
Possible start date: 30th October 2017
Working week: 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday. Monday - Friday 8.30am - 5pm, 30 minutes lunch break and free refreshments throughout the day.
We are seeking an apprentice to co-operate and communicate with all other employees and departments, assisting them when required. The successful candidate will be responsible for the quality of their own work. They will also build good customer relationships and be customer focused.
- Technical drawings
- Assist in the creation and amendments of electrical related 2D drawings and 3D models using AutoCAD, Draftsight and EPlan.
- Processing orders
- Assist in the creation of all build documentation for customer sales orders using Sage Bill of Materials software to create listings of parts to build a machine.
- Software Programming:
- All systems we design have a PLC’s & HMi’s that require programs, these programs tell the machines what to do and how to operate.
- The role will entail learning programming languages for various brands of PLC’s & HMi’s like B&R, Mitsubishi & Allen Bradly.
- We are also a Fanuc Robotics strategic partner and the role would involve programming robots.
- Technical documentation
- Assist in producing risk assessments of systems being designed and built where necessary.
- Help create operating manuals and any other relevant documentation like exploded parts drawings and installation packs.
- Site visits
- Answer phones and enquiries
- To answer some of the incoming customer queries for the Technical Department, passing on to the required person and / or resolving themselves getting back to the relevant client.
- Product/Technical Support
- Must be able to take on a certain amount of product knowledge fairly quickly (training will be given).
- Use Of PC Packages to conduct the role:
- Training would be given to use Sage, ACT, Word & Excel. As well as AutoCAD & Solidworks. Some prior basic knowledge of any of software mentioned would be beneficial.
- Responsible to the Commercial & IS Manager.
- Health & Safety
- To comply at all times with Pacepacker’s current Company Handbook, Health, Safety & Environment policy.
- To report any violations of health and safety immediately.
- Good telephone manner.
- An interest in how things work, especially mechanically.
- You must be able to demonstrate reading and writing skills and use of the computer.
- We are looking for self-motivated, quick learner, reliable person with a positive attitude who can use their initiative.
- Someone who wants to get on in life.
- Good inter personal skills
Pass in English and Maths.