Apprentice Early Years Educator (L3)
Employer: Seymour House Day Nursery
Apprenticeship level: Advanced
Apprenticeship duration: 18 months
Possible start date: 30th October 2017
Working week: 40 hours per week. Monday - Friday, excluding Bank Holidays.
At Seymour House we offer a comprehensive Apprenticeship Programme, training the very best individuals and encouraging those with a passion for childcare to undertake their Level 3 in Childcare.
The Apprenticeship Programme is a structured qualification programme providing practical experience within the nursery setting, alongside gaining a recognised qualification.
Our apprentices are given experienced and dedicated mentors within their rooms, alongside the guidance of a Head of Early Years Practice, enabling them to feel fully integrated within the team.
At Seymour House we have a community network of both current and previous apprentices who provide support, learning and guidance.
At the end of an apprenticeship, there are also excellent career prospects, and ability to further develop.
We only have two apprentices in each setting at a time so that learning experience and mentoring is not diluted.
You will be able to experience all aspects of Early Education in our Outstanding settings.
- To support the nursery team in providing high standards of quality within the nursery including the environment, resources and experiences offered to children.
- To comply with the statutory framework for the Early Years Foundation (EYFS) and relevant legislation including the Children Act 1989 and 2004.
- To support the nursery team, and develop your own skills in ensuring effective planning, assessment and record keeping for children (both paper and IT based) using the EYFS curriculum for guidance.
- To build positive relationships with the children, parents, carers, colleagues and external professionals.
- To ensure confidentiality, where appropriate, is maintained.
- To promote the welfare of the children and ensure they are kept safe and that Child Protection procedures are followed where necessary.
- To promote the nursery to current and prospective parents.
- To understand the Seymour House values and model these in your performance and behaviour at all times.
- To adhere to all Seymour House policies and procedures at all times.
- To take ownership of your own learning and development, demonstrating a pro-active attitude towards completing your Apprenticeship within the agreed timeframe.
- To work effectively in partnership with your assessor, and adhering to any college requirements.
- To actively participate in all review meetings, nursery team meetings and required training.
- To take responsibility for the Health and Safety of yourself and others.
The ability to build positive relationships with the children, parents, carers, colleagues and external professionals.
Enthusiasm, understanding of confidentiality, patience and a desire to learn.
- English & Maths to GCSE C equivalent.
- Enhanced DBS check will be required.