Location: Energy HQ
25 hours per week
Benefits: pension, holidays
Summary of Responsibilities:
To provide a professional reception service for the campus, and be the initial point of contact for external visitors, students and potential college customers. Support the effective and efficient operation of Student Administration and to provide accurate Management Information.
- To provide a professional Reception service on the campus dealing with all enquiries in person, and by telephone for all College activities.
- To operate the College Switchboard using the correct procedure and answer calls in accordance with the Service Level Agreement / College Policy, and to direct calls to the appropriate extension.
- To receive all visitors ensuring they are appropriately greeted, issued with a visitors security pass with associated information and directed to the correct internal destination.
- To carry out the following specific duties:
- Take appropriate action in the case of Emergency
- Follow the correct procedure in the event of a fire and the disabled toilet alarm sounding
- Deal with Emergency calls using the Emergency telephone
- Operation of the hand held radio
- Respond to Reception Emails
- Manage and process requests for reception area space bookings
- To input into the ongoing review and implementation of Reception guidelines, processes and procedures.
- Accurate inputting of data onto the college computer systems or any related systems, including student information such as applications, bookings, curriculum choice, attendance, withdrawals, transfers, non starters, completions, qualifications on entry, destinations, registers, timetables, financial payments and unit funding.
- To process the collection and receipt of student related tuition related fees and associated payments, including entering of fee information directly into the student database according to college policies and procedures.
- Maintaining comprehensive audit trails for internal and external audits, and support the Students Administration Team in completing regular data validation checks in liaison with the Administration Team Leader.
- Support the Student Administration team with monitoring student attendance, retention and achievement through registers checks and keep updated tracking sheet in order to provide management and statistical reports.
- Dealing with telephone and personal enquiries relating to Student Administration from staff, existing students and potential students offering or making available the appropriate advice.
- To participate in enrolment throughout the academic year and provide support in appropriate recruitment and open day events as required.
- To support the department in providing a professional internal and external postal service at the campus to include using the franking machine, and sorting internal and external mail.
- To undertake any other agreed or associated duties to support the administration work in Student Administration & Achievements department as requested by the Head of Student Administration & Achievements.
- Although primarily based at one Campus you may be required to undertake these duties in any of the college's administration offices / reception points across campuses.
- To work flexible hours when required and on some occasions at late notice and undertake early morning and evening duties at time of peak workload, particularly during examination and enrolment periods.
- Complimenting and developing teamwork with your colleagues, and participate in team, quality and departmental meetings.
- Undertake staff development to achieving performance for review and appraisal.
- To work towards and contribute to the corporate aims of the college.
Standard Responsibilities for all positions in B&FC:
- To fully adhere to all college policies and procedures.
- Take appropriate responsibility to ensure the health and safety of self and others.
- Pursue the achievement and integration of equality and diversity throughout all College activities.
- Blackpool and The Fylde College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff to share this commitment.
- To show commitment to the College and its internal and external customers.
- To work co-operatively with colleagues at all times.
- Undertake any other tasks and responsibilities appropriate to the level of this post.
This job description is current at the date shown and may be amended after consultation and agreement between management and the post holder.