Administration Assistant - Operations (Penzance)
We are seeking a suitably experienced and qualified individual to provide administrative support with College Transport, Personnel, Payroll, Health & Safety and other operational activities at the Penwith campus in Penzance. The successful candidate will have experience in dealing with confidential matters and be committed to delivering an excellent service for students, colleagues and members of the public.
Main Purpose of Job: To provide administrative support and assist with College Transport, Personnel, Payroll, Staff Development, Health & Safety and other operational activities.
- To co-ordinate all transport requirements at the Penwith campus including hire vehicles, minibus and coach bookings.
- To be responsible for the transport related documentation and data for vehicles and drivers, including risk assessments, driver information and vehicle information ensuring compliance with current College procedures and Government regulations.
- To ensure that College vehicles are maintained, serviced, cleaned, statutory inspections completed and that defects are identified and repaired by a competent repairer within approved limits.
- To ensure that relevant emergency and safety equipment including mobile phones for trips are available and serviceable for drivers.
- To co-ordinate Bus Pass applications and the issue of passes for Penwith Campus.
- To be the contact point for the Penwith campus for Bus Network issues.
- To assist with the administration of the College payroll and liaise directly with appropriate staff to resolve all queries on contractual issues.
- To assist with job advertisements and support the recruitment process including interviewing.
- To assist with the issue of contracts of employment to staff.
- To maintain personnel data including staff files and the staff database.
- To process applications and maintain appropriate records for staff checks including DBS, Prohibition, etc.
- To provide administrative support for staff development and maintain records at Penwith.
- To provide administrative support with Health & Safety and site related matters.
- To provide general administrative support to other areas including Reception, the Senior Staff Secretary and with other operational activities.
For further information please contact Kevin Buzza on 01736 335106 or KEVINBUZZA@TRURO-PENWITH.AC.UK
Applications for the above post should reach us by: 12 NOON FRIDAY 13 OCTOBER 2017.
Curriculum Vitae are not accepted, Application Forms only. Successful candidates will be notified within 4 weeks of the closing date.