Tutor/Co-ordinator - Outreach (HMP Highpoint)
Looking for a career where you can change lives?
For more than two decades, Novus has been delivering education, training and employment opportunities to adults and young people in UK prisons.
Over the years we have built a reputation as an innovator in the fight to reduce re-offending rates by transforming people's lives through learning and skills.
We have a great opportunity at HMP Highpoint to join the education team as an Outreach Tutor on a permanent, full time (37 hours per week) basis.
The purpose of this role is to teach and engage with our learners, in order to give them the skills they need to have a better and brighter future. This role is a combined Tutor/Co-ordinator role therefore will involve 60% teaching and 40% co-ordination.
To do this successfully you'll need to:
- Be passionate and experienced at delivering high quality teaching in a subject specialism;
- Have a teaching qualification and/or subject specialist qualification at Level 4 (Level 5 - new standards) with a commitment to obtain the relevant outstanding Level 4 (Level 5 new standards) qualification within a specified time scale;
- Have previous experience of curriculum delivery and a track record of successful learner outcomes.
The coordination part of the role will include the following responsibilities:
- Curriculum development and liaisons with the relevant awarding bodies.
- Holding and chairing team meetings to check and improve the performance and quality of the outreach curriculum.
- Communicating with prison staff to ensure the curriculum delivery meets the prisoners who most need skills development.
- Managing the outreach tutors to deploy them effectively in the reaching the prisoners needing education in work-based activities and residential areas.
- Organising and implementing the quality assurance of the teaching, learning and assessment of the outreach curriculum.
In return you will benefit from an excellent package including - a favourable Pension scheme, Retail Discounts, Childcare Vouchers, Employee Assistance Program, Cycle to work scheme, Simply Health scheme and technology scheme.
Applicants must demonstrate in their application their ability to meet the key responsibilities, key result areas and Qualifications/Skills and Experience detailed within the role profile.
Novus is an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community. All roles are subject to job evaluation.