Supported Internship Work Experience Co-ordinator
Dearne Valley College with some flexibility to work across all sites
We are seeking someone with excellent communication and organisational skills to make a significant contribution to the success of the College’s work experience programme.
- You will understand the work experience needs of learners across a range of courses within Foundation Learning and will build a database of work experience contacts that you will use to enable 16-25 year old students with Learning Difficulties and/or Disabilities on full time study programmes to access relevant work experience and Supported Internships.
- You will ensure that all parties involved in placements, employers, curriculum staff and learners, have clear expectations of what is required of them.
- You will manage a database of work experience contacts and provide progress tutors with advice and guidance on the process of placement with skills and expertise that will benefit their learners on the programme of study.
- You will proactively promote the participation of external placement with learners. Conversion of Work Experience to Supported Internships and work closely with a range RNN staff to maximise these opportunities, generating skills for learners.
We are seeking a candidate who can demonstrate
- Previous experience in dealing with learners and problem solving.
- Evidence or track record in delivering similar objectives.
- Experience or evidence of ICT administrative skills and use of CRM ( customer relationship Management).
- Evidence of skills or experience working with employer engagement or strong customer service background.
- Evidence of skills or experience working with young people with LDD.
This post is mainly office hours (8:30 – 17:00) frequent flexibility will be required to attend events outside of these hours to promote the business and opportunities.
RNN Group provides excellent training and development opportunities. We also offer competitive conditions of employment, a generous annual leave entitlement and eligibility to join Local Government Pension Scheme.
We celebrate diversity and welcome applications from everyone regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, sexuality, faith or disability. We are also proud to be part of the Disability Confidence Scheme. Disabled applicants who meet the essential criteria are guaranteed an interview.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, vulnerable adults and young people. All new employees will be required undertake a DBS check before starting employment.
If you require further information about this vacancy please contact the HR department on 01709 722769.