Apprenticeship in Dental Nursing (L3)
Employer: Pure Orthodontics
Apprenticeship level: Advanced
Apprenticeship duration: 2 years
Possible start date: 30th October 2017
Working week: 30 hours per week. Shifts TBC. Variable working hours depending on the needs of the business.
The position would involve working within a dental practice team and assisting the dentist with their duties whilst treating patients.
You will be given the training and supervision to undertake your practical duties such as:
- Cross infection control;
- Chair side clinical treatments, such as tooth restorations and root canal treatment;
- Processing of x-rays;
- Accurate record keeping in line with the Data Protection Act.
- Assisting the dentist with preparing instruments and equipment.
- Mixing different materials as required and providing suction support.
- You will need to be supportive to both your patient and dentist at all times.
- On a daily basis, you will be required to check that your day lists are accurate and that all patients records are available and up to date, laboratory work will need to be booked in and out, your dental surgery will need to be stocked up to ensure sufficient materials and supplies available for the day’s treatment.
- Possible rotation in the practice may involve working in central decontamination and reception duties. Reception duties may involve answering the telephone, making appointments and taking patient payments.
- You will need to be able to work on your own initiative and to be accurate at all times.
- You will require good communication skills.
- Be able to show empathy with patients.
- Working well within a team.
- You must have excellent time keeping skills and a flexible approach to working.
- 5 x GCSEs grade A-C/9-4 (or equivalent) including English Language and Maths.