Catering Apprentice (L2)
Employer: Farleigh Hospice
Apprenticeship level: Intermediate
Apprenticeship duration: 15 months
Possible start date: 30th October 2017
Working week: 37.5 hours per week. Normal shifts will be Monday to Friday, 7am -3pm.
The role is based in the Kitchen / Courtyard Café, which comes under the remit of Hotel Services.
The successful candidate will come into daily contact with staff, visitors and users of Farleigh Hospice.
- The preparation and serving of meals and refreshments within the Courtyard Cafe itself.
- Keeping the shelves stocked and assisting with the cleaning activities throughout the area.
- Involvement with the design and development of menus.
- The opportunity to contribute to the growth of the department.
- Looking at potential revenue generating ideas and projects.
- Good communication skills.
- Basic IT skills.
- Reading and writing skills.
- Interpersonal skills - both with colleagues and dealing with customers.
- Self motivated - willingness to learn.
- Reliable with a positive attitude.
- Pass in English and Maths.
- Level 1 Award in Food Safety - Catering desirable but not essential.