Apprentice Commis Chef - Essex Golf and Country Club Hotel (L2)
3 days left
- Full Time
Employer: Club Company Holdings Limited
Apprenticeship level: Intermediate
Apprenticeship duration: 12 months
Possible start date: 22nd October 2017
Working week: 40 hours over 5 days aweek, including weekends. Early and late shifts, no split shifts, flexible shifts.
As a Commis chef, you'll do food preparation work and basic cooking under the supervision of a chef de partie, rotating through sections.
- Maintaining high standards of hygiene.
- Preparing the ingredients for a more senior chef.
- Measuring dish ingredients and portion sizes accurately.
- Dealing with deliveries and stock rotation.
- Understand how to receive supplies and store them properly, rotating old and new stock to ensure freshness.
- Able to prepare every dish on the menu and practice safe food handling.
- Imagination to turn leftovers or trim pieces into desirable food items.
- You'll need to have a lot of stamina, be able to learn on the spot and be passionate about food because cooking in a high pressure kitchen is hard work.
- You'll also need to be versatile because it is important that you gain experience in all sections of the kitchen - fish, pastry, butchery and so on - before you consider specialising.
- No qualifications required but any of the below certificates will be beneficial
- NVQs or SVQs.
- City & Guilds diplomas in professional cookery.
- BTEC HND in professional cookery.
- A foundation degree in culinary arts.
- Any health & safety and food hygiene courses.
- Hospitality & Catering diploma.