Integrated Manufacturing Engineer Apprenticeship (L3)
Employer: Tyco Electronics Ltd
Apprenticeship level: Advanced
Apprenticeship duration: 3 years
Possible start date: 30th October 2017
Working week: 39 hours per week, Monday to Friday. Monday to Thursday, 7.30am - 4.35pm; Friday, 7.30am - 1.10pm. Lunch is 45 minutes.
This is a great opportunity for someone to come in and be part of a Manufacturing Engineering department. Ideally looking for someone to grow within the department and can utilise their skills to become an integrated engineer.
- Gather and analyse data to determine system requirements.
- Develop work plans and estimates as they relate to systems integration work tasks and team members.
- Research, evaluate, and recommend systems, equipment and technologies based on the requirement needs.
- Ability to visualise complex processes and solve complex problems.
- Ability to translate requirements into concrete technical designs.
- Draft technical instructions, engineering plans, technical designs, and other systems integration related documents.
- Liaise with various stakeholders such as management, operators, and support staff.
- Develop and conduct testing plans and procedures based upon system recommendations.
- Assessing the value, importance, and quality of products, processes, and people.
- Responsible for defining, implementing, integrating and troubleshooting computer, information and software systems, including software and hardware components for the development of production/business solutions.
- Prepare charts, graphs, and diagrams to illustrate workflow, routing, floor layouts, material handling, and machine utilisation.
- Assist the site engineering teams in New Product Introduction projects utilising the Lean process and tools.
- Develop production process documents, and specification sheets to graphically represent processes and methods.
- Evaluate statistical data to determine and maintain quality, and the reliability of equipment and process output.
- Providing documentation, detailed instructions, drawings, or specifications to tell others about how devices, parts, equipment, or structures are to be fabricated, constructed, assembled, modified, maintained, or used.
- Ability to integrate software with electrical, and mechanical components into technical designs.
- Critical Thinking: Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions and approaches to problems.
- Instructing: Teaching others how to do something.
- Troubleshooting: Determining causes of operating errors and deciding what to do about it.
- Time Management: Managing own time and project deadlines.
- Mathematics: Using mathematics and mathematical tools to solve problems.
- Quality Control Analysis: Developing and conducting tests and inspections of systems developed.
- Writing: Communicating effectively in writing as appropriate for the needs of team/peer interaction.
- Social Perceptiveness: Being aware of others' reactions and understanding why they react as they do.
- Oral Comprehension: The ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented.
- Oral Expression: The ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
- Problem Sensitivity: The ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognising there is a problem.
- Inductive Reasoning: The ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions (includes finding a relationship among unrelated events).
- Originality: The ability to come up with unusual or clever ideas about a given topic or situation, and to develop creative ways to solve a problem.
- Collegiality: Working in a team oriented environment that is cross functional, building strong working relationships and a positive work environment whilst learning the sites Ethics and Values in an inclusive and diverse culture.
- See Desired Skills.
- Learning Requirements: Computer Science, Software Engineering, Electronics Engineering, and Mechanical Engineering.
- Key Application Requirements: Solidworks (CREO) 3D CAD software, Visual Basic (dot Net), C++, SQLServer, and Java.