Sessional Tutor - SpLd/ Dyslexia
Great holiday allowance, excellent benefits package, 1000s of retail discounts and fantastic pension options.
Join the largest Further Education College in the UK as a SpLD Tutor on a permanent, part time (29.6 hours per week) basis.
- Join our innovative and growing Supported Learning team and be part of our amazing journey.
- Provide quality support, predominately to learners with Dyslexia or other similar SpLDs, both in small groups and 1 to 1 settings.
- Support the ALS Co-ordinator through research into dyslexia and other Specific Learning Difficulties (SpLDs), enabling learners to access their course of study, increase in their independence and be successful at The Manchester College.
- To work closely with learners to understand their specific needs and build their independence, including through the use of assistive technology.
The Manchester College is based at many sites across the city, each with its own specialist cutting edge facilities within a friendly and supportive environment. We are the largest FE college in the UK providing education and training to a wide range of learners. As directed by the ALS Coordinator you will provide specialist small group and 1 to 1 teaching to meet the support needs of individual learners, ensuring that they receive quality and appropriate support. The support needs of a learner include activities such as; carrying out assessments of needs, writing of pen portraits and support plans and carrying out reviews on the effectiveness of delivered support.
In order to do this, you will need:
- Minimum of Certificate in Education & Training Level 5, or equivalent;
- Level 7 SpLD qualification;
- Minimum of a Level 2 qualification in English and Maths;
- Current Practising Certificate;
- Membership of Patoss or BDA.
The Manchester College is an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community. We have also recently been awarded the Investors in Diversity award.
All applicants must demonstrate in their application their ability to meet the Key Responsibilities, Key Result Areas and Qualifications/Skills/Experience detailed within the role profile for shortlisting purposes.
Salaries are based on skills, qualifications and experience. All salaries are subject to job evaluation.