Location: Fleetwood Nautical Campus
12 hours per week
Benefits include pension and holidays
Summary of Responsibilities:
To run the catering unit in accordance with college demand liaising with the catering manager as necessary, providing a service that is satisfactory to college staff, students and the department.
- The preparation of drinks snacks and beverages, in accordance with Starbucks menus.
- Ensuring that production is maintained at the highest standard.
- To ensure that wastage is kept to the minimum and documented accordingly.
- Ensuring the correct usage of all equipment and materials used by staff.
- The satisfactory service of all drinks and products taking care in portion control and service standards.
- To adhere to the college Financial regulations when cash handling.
- Ensuring the unit is cleaned and maintained to the Food Hygiene Regulations Act and The Food Safety Act. Grade 5 standard maintained.
- Maintenance and improving standards of presentation.
- Operating daily checks and stocktaking as required during shift.
- To ensure documentation for internal monitoring systems are completed.
- You may be asked to assist in functions or services outside your normal working hours.
- You may be required to undertake these duties in any of the college’s catering units. All staff will be required to attend departmental meetings, and other meetings, and undertake staff development activities as identified.
Standard Responsibilities for all positions in B&FC:
- To fully adhere to all legislation, professional guidance, college policies and procedures.
- Take appropriate responsibility to ensure the health and safety of self and others.
- Pursue the achievement and integration of equality and diversity throughout all College activities.
- Blackpool and The Fylde College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff to share this commitment.
- To show commitment to the College and its internal and external customers.
- To work co-operatively with colleagues at all times.
- Undertake any other tasks and responsibilities appropriate to the level of this post.
This job description is current at the date shown and may be amended after consultation and agreement between management and the post holder.