Lecturer in Civil Engineering and Site Surveying
Location: Cranford Campus
Start date: Immediate
Contract type: 3-9 months with possible renewal
Closing date: On-going until the vacancy is filled
We require experienced part-time Lecturers in Civil Engineering subjects with specific experience in Site Surveying, Hydraulics and Soil Mechanics to teach undergraduate students various subjects in Civil Engineering disciplines. Excellent Knowledge of AutoCAD is desirable.
Prospective candidates should be able to:
- Deliver assessment and examination duties to a range of learners on our full time and part time programmes at undergraduate levels.
- Provide tutorial for a group or groups of students and to arrange and monitor Key Skills activities.
- Liaise with Course leaders and Internal Verifiers, as appropriate, with regard to delivery of Civil Engineering Specialist subjects.
- Carry out assessment, Marking, Student feedback evaluation and other administrative duties or laboratory duties in line with the internal verification policy relating to the post.
- Supervise individual/group project relating to your specialist subject major.
- Attend all required departmental meetings and annual meeting with external examiners.
You must have substantial full-time teaching experience and UK Bachelor and Master degree qualifications in Civil Engineering OR Equivalent Professional Qualification.
How To Apply:
By CV with cover letter together with details of 2 UK based professional referees, one of which must be your current or most recent employer.
Please forward a completed CV via the link below.
NOTE: Regrettably, the College cannot consider applications from candidates who require Tier 2 sponsorship under the UKVI's Points Based System. Any candidate who is considering applying for this position and requires sponsorship must ensure that they are able to obtain permission to work in the UK. The College is Committed to equality and valuing diversity.