Business and Administration Apprenticeship (L2)
Employer: Notley Green Primary School
Apprenticeship level: Intermediate
Apprenticeship duration: 15 months
Possible start date: 13th November 2017
Working week: 4 working days 8.30am - 3.30, day release for college, 1 hour lunch break. 30 hours per week.
A Clerical Admin Support to a busy school office. The School office is the administrative hub of the organisation. The candidate needs to be effective, efficient and proactive, always delivering high end service to teachers, other staff and external stakeholders such as parents, governors and other visitors.
- Dealing with parents and visitors to the school.
- Answering the telephone and taking messages or dealing with enquiries from callers.
- Supporting the office team with general clerical duties such as photocopying, income collection, medical requirements of children, helping children coming to the office with queries etc.
- Project management is a key part of the role, for the school and also the Apprenticeship programme.
- The jobholder will have their own projects for end-to-end delivery: this could be organising a school trip, managing a stall at a school event, producing flyers and other promotional literature for an event, in partnership with an external provider, run an activity involving whole school such as recycling or a charity event.
- Excellent communication skills – written and oral
- ICT – Word, Excel, Internet, email
- Maths – basic money counting
- Team player
- Reliable and trustworthy
- Well-presented and well-mannered
- Understands the importance of this role within a primary school setting
- English and Mathematics GCSE grade C or above.