Apprenticeship in Dental Nursing (L3)
Employer: The Capel Dental Practice
Apprenticeship level: Advanced
Apprenticeship duration: 18 months
Possible start date: 30th October 2017
Working week: Variable working hours depending on business needs. Day release for college. 30-40 hours per week.
This dental practice is looking to recruit an apprentice dental nurse ready to start college at Colchester Institute in September 2017. Commencement of work can negotiated individually depending on personal circumstances and commitments, such as GCSE or A-Level examinations.
The position would involve working within a dental practice team and assisting the dentist with their duties whilst treating patients.
You will be given the training and supervision to undertake your practical duties such as:
- Cross infection control
- Chair side clinical treatments, such as tooth restorations and root canal treatment
- Processing of x-rays
- Accurate record keeping in line with the Data Protection Act
- Assisting the dentist with preparing instruments and equipment
- Mixing different materials as required and providing suction support.
- You will need to be supportive to both your patient and dentist at all times.
- On a daily basis you will be required to check that your day lists are accurate and that all patients records are available and up to date, laboratory work will need to be booked in and out, your dental surgery will need to be stocked up to ensure sufficient materials and supplies available for the day’s treatment.
- Possible rotation in the practice may involve working in central decontamination and reception duties. Reception duties may involve answering the telephone, making appointments and taking patient payments.
- Work on your own initiative
- Be accurate at all times.
- Good communication skills
- Be able to show empathy with patients
- Work well within a team
- Excellent time keeping skills
- A flexible approach to working
- 5 x GCSE’s grade A-C/9-4 (or equivalent) including English Language and Maths.