Early Years Apprentice (CYPW L2)
Employer: Abacus Learning LLP
Apprenticeship level: Intermediate
Apprenticeship duration: 12 months
Possible start date: 30th October 2017
Working week: Monday to Friday, shifts TBC. 30-40 hours per week.
We are seeking an early years apprentice to work in either our full day nursery caring for children age 0-5 or one of our preschool settings with children age 2-5 yrs.
The apprentice will work within a small team of up to 5 experienced practitioners who will share their skills and support the apprentice.
Initially, the apprentice will be observing across all areas of the nursery. Once this induction period is completed they will be expected to carryout varying tasks with in the nursery supervised by senior practitioners.
- Good literacy skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Kind and caring.
- Able to work in a team.
- Enjoy being with children.
- Confident to communicate clearly with parents.
- Keen to learn new skills and develop a career within early years.
- Candidates should have a strong interest in the area of working with children to support their learning, and development.
- They will need to be dedicated and committed to their study and be responsible for their own learning.
- Must be educated to Grade C in English and maths.