Engineering Apprentice (L2)
Employer: Haltermann Carless UK Ltd.
Apprenticeship level: Intermediate
Apprenticeship duration: 18 months
Possible start date: 30th October 2017
Working week: Monday to Friday 8.00am - 4.00pm, 30 minute lunch break. 37.5 hours per week.
Reporting to the Maintenance Team Leader, two individuals who are committed to a career in engineering and maintenance will join our small but well-equipped and highly-skilled maintenance team.
They will learn and develop a comprehensive mix of engineering skills associated with mechanical maintenance across a wide range of process and utility equipment. They will contribute to the repair and refurbishment of existing pumps and compressors, the inspection and testing of boilers and pressure vessels, and the fabrication and installation of pipework.
They will develop all-round maintenance crafts skills that include; bench fitting, welding, machining, site installation involving lifting and crane operations, as well as best practice and maintenance principles for reliable plant operation.
- Highly computer literate
- Strong aptitude for maintenance and business ICT systems, including AutoCAD
- Strong aptitude for workshop mechanical assembly of components with close-fits and tolerances
- Demonstrable skill when using machining techniques; including turning, grinding and milling.
- A desire to learn and have an enthusiasm for taking on new tasks and responsibilities
- Be able to demonstrate a desire to have a career in engineering
- A keeness to learn about plant inspection and adjustment tools to maintain our high standards of safety and reliability
- Maths, English and Science at GCSE (or equivalent).
- Ideally also GSCE in Engineering, Resistant Materials and/or Computer Science
- Working towards NVQ 2 or 3 in Engineering