Commis Chef Apprenticeship (L2)
Employer: Perrywood Garden Centre and Nurseries Ltd.
Apprenticeship level: Intermediate
Apprenticeship duration: 12 months
Possible start date: 30th October 2017
Working week: 5 days a week including weekend work 8.00am - 4.30pm, 15 minute morning break and 30 minute lunch break. 40 hours per week.
- Commis Chef reporting to the Head Chef and Senior Sous Chef
- Learn basic skills with regards chopping and preparing meals, with more responsibility being placed on apprentice once these skills have been mastered.
- Learn basic knife skills.
- Assist and work under the guidance of other chefs preparing dishes for the day’s service, using fresh ingredients and learning seasonal product rotation.
- Assist and work alongside different station Chefs, covering all areas of the kitchen, including pastry section.
- Understand the importance of following procedure, for example with regards to food allergens and free from menus.
- Follow exemplary examples of Food Hygiene and Health & Safety procedures, gaining level 2 qualifications in both.
- Gain a competent knowledge of kitchen paper work in compliance with regulations.
- Participate in daily and weekly cleaning rotas and maintain area of work to a high standard.
- Understand stock rotation and assist with deliveries.
- A passion for food & cooking and the desire to learn the skills required to become an excellent chef.
- You must be able to demonstrate you can retain information and follow instructions.
- We are looking for a motivated and reliable addition to our existing team
- You must have good inter-personal skills and be able to communicate effectively with your colleagues.
- You will need to demonstrate a positive attitude to your work and have drive and enthusiasm.
- Excellent time keeper.
- Pass in English & Maths
- A qualification in Food Technology or similar.