Chef De Partie (L3)
Employer: Marks Tey Hotel
Apprenticeship level: Advanced
Apprenticeship duration: 18 months
Possible start date: 30th October 2017
Working week: Hours TBC with candidate, but will be 5 days a week including weekend work, straight shifts. 40 hours per week.
This position is working within the kitchen team and reporting to head chef Jules Shoter who will be the day to day contact and mentor.
- Running a section of the kitchen
- Cooking to high standards
- Using new technology and equipment
- Learning to coach and motivate others in the team
- Cleaning to high food safety standards
- Developing new menus and specials
- Rotating around different sections of the kitchen
- As well as working within the restaurant, you will also work big events such as weddings and banquets.
- Willingness to learn and work hard
- Good common sense and excellent personal hygiene
- Ability to motivate yourself and others
- Level 2 catering qualification or relevant experience working in a kitchen.