Learning Mentor Apprenticeship (L2)
Employer: North Essex Multi-Academy Trust
Apprenticeship level: Intermediate
Apprenticeship duration: 18 months
Possible start date: 30th October 2017
Working week: Monday to Friday term time (plus 5 training days) 8.40am - 3.25pm, includes 45 mins break. 30 hours per week.
You will support teachers in the classroom with students who require additional support for their learning. This will include one to one support, interpreting, guiding, helping with equipment, examinations and facilitating with the smooth day to day organisation.
- To work with students on a 1:1 basis or in groups.
- To liaise with teachers or the students they support.
- To reinforce basic skills.
- To support students during lessons by prompting, interpreting and guiding.
- To support the subject teacher in adapting and producing alternative teaching materials.
- To ensure specialist equipment needed by students in a particular class is available eg magnifiers, tape recorder, laptop, computers etc.
- To be involved in review meetings with students, parents and staff.
- To liaise with parents to facilitate the smooth day to day organisation of students’ needs.
- To support students with special examination arrangements.
- Other items mutually agreed with the Special Educational Needs Coordinator.
- Good reading, writing and numeracy skills.
- Good ICT skills to support students’ learning.
- Able to write basic reports.
- Able to communicate clearly and unambiguously with children and adults.
- Able to listen effectively.
- Able to understand and support children with special educational needs.
- Able to establish a rapport and respectful and trusting relationships with children, their parents or carers and other adults.
- Able to work well in a team.
- Good organisation skills.
- Able to remain calm under pressure.
- Able to manage own time effectively.
- Able to follow instructions accurately.
- Awareness of and commitment to equality.
- Be prepared to learn and develop in the role
- GCSE grade C or equivalent in Maths and English.