Apprentice Office Administrator (Business Administration L3)
Employer: HR Elite Ltd.
Apprenticeship level: Advanced
Apprenticeship duration: 15 months
Possible start date: 30th October 2017
Working week: Monday to Friday 9.00am - 5.00pm, 1 hour unpaid lunch break. 35 hours per week.
- To provide dedicated day to day administrative support to the Director of HR Elite, the Coaching Consultant, its staff and Associate Members.
- Ensure all secretarial, administrative and clerical requirements are met in a timely and efficient manner.
- To develop and maintain effective office systems including a telephone messaging system, bring forward systems, filing systems etc whilst ensuring that progress on items are tracked and dealt with in accordance with deadlines.
- To take informal minutes of meetings as required, including typing, preparation and distribution of agenda and supporting papers.
- Undertake a wide range of administrative duties i.e. filing, photocopying, diary management, post, drafting responses, preparing and distributing reports and other documents accurately and to deadlines and in a way which reflects the professionalism of the Company.
- To prepare training materials for training events
- Where comfortable and on occasion deliver small areas of training with support from the Director
- To be responsible for event management including arranging venues, hospitality and the co ordination and invitation of delegates/visitors/speakers etc
- To assist the Coaching Consultant with funding co ordination
- To assist the Director and Coaching Consultant with client account management
- To assist the Director and Coaching Consultant with finance management liasing with the Accountant and Bookkeeper where necessary
- To collect incoming and outgoing mail, date stamp and distribute to the correct person.
- To provide a “front of house” professional approach to visitors ensuring hospitality is offered in a professional and welcoming approach.
- Under the guidance of the HR Officer to ensure accurate and timely despatch of information to others as required.
- To take the lead in the administration of the HR database – people hr for HR Elite and its clients
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- A good attitude to learning
- Polite and professional
- Attention to detail
- Friendly and personable
- Good customer service skills
- Ability to use a computer
- Knowledge of Microsoft office packages
- Ability to use different forms of social media e,g facebook, twitter, Linkedin, Instagram
- Friendly, well mannered, polite
- Committed, a hard worker, dedication to go the extra mile
- Flexible with work hours e.g. may need to stay late on occasion to complete a task
- It is likely that advanced apprentices will have some prior experience in a business or administration role to allow them to complete the advanced apprenticeship, although this is not a formal requirement.