Carer Apprenticeship - Freda Gunton Residential Home (Health and Social Care L2)
Employer: Balkerne Gardens Trust Ltd.
Apprenticeship level: Intermediate
Apprenticeship duration: 12 months
Possible start date: 30th October 2017
Working week: Shift work 7.30am - 2.30pm, 1.30pm - 8.30pm, shift times TBC. Apprentices will be required to work some weekends and bank holidays. 37.5 hours per week.
Healthcare Apprentice working within the Nursing home setting. Must be aged 18 years or older in order to provide care unsupervised.
- Supporting the team and nursing staff with care for patients.
- Personal care.
- Ensuring a clean, safe and welcoming environment.
- Supporting with treatment, emotional and wellbeing support.
- Completing care-plan documents.
- Supporting and working alongside the nursing and medical staff.
- This role will involve supporting patients with end of life care.
Apprenticeships will undertake learning – including Health and Social Care Award level 2 and Functional Skills Maths and English level 1 (if required) - delivered by Colchester Institute using e-portfolio system.
- Good IT Skills.
- A compassion to support patient need.
- Excellent team player, prepared to support the care team.
- Patience and caring attitude.
- Ability to record your actions and outcomes of care given.
- Ability to work alone.
- Experience within care is desirable.
- Maths GCSE (or equivalent) grades A-C.
- English GCSE (or equivalent) grades A-C.