Property Maintenance Operative (L2)
Employer: Acorn Villages Ltd.
Apprenticeship level: Intermediate
Apprenticeship duration: 12 months
Possible start date: 30th October 2017
Working week: Monday to Friday 8.30am - 5.00pm, 1 hour split break. 37.5 hours per week.
- Undertake routine maintenance activities and minor repairs (replacing taps/washers, changing bulbs, cleaning light fittings, adjusting water temperatures etc).
- Undertake general painting/decorating/tiling tasks to an acceptable standard.
- Be able to undertake general carpentry repairs (doors, windows, kitchens etc).
- Participate in pre-planned maintenance checks (Fire Alarm testing, Health & Safety checks, gutter clearing, decking staining, generator testing, fence repairs etc).
- Assist with general manpower support (moving furniture, setting up marquees etc, assisting with charity and fundraising activities).
- As and when required, assist with the general ground maintenance and skip area.
- To assist in maintaining the company vehicle fleet, to check oil, water, lights, tyres etc. (Servicing and repairs contracted out).
- Inform the Maintenance and Building Services Manager of any site repairs outside of their capability and a specialist contractor may be required.
- Promoting and adhering to general health & safety/fire safety policies and procedures at all times.
- Some understanding of the pre-requisites for the role and what these would entail.
- Willingness to learn new skills.
- Good time keeper
- Ability to converse with different people groups.
- Maths and English understanding and functional application at Level 1, enabling apprentices to aspire to the next level.