Instructor - Motor Vehicle
The post holder will be providing practical instruction to our learners on Entry Level to Level 3 courses, having a strong knowledge of Electrical/Transmission systems. They will support the team within the workshops, together with contributing towards ensuring our resources and facilities are maintained to the highest level, including maintenance and development of the workshop facilities. Some Welding experience would be an advantage.
Candidates should have relevant experience working in the motor vehicle industry, coupled with the necessary communication skills to support our learners and a relevant qualification.
This post will be based at Sparsholt campus.
- Eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme)
- Death Benefit grant of 3 x salary if in the pension scheme
- Free on-site parking
- Car Share Scheme
- Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
- Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
- Flexible Working Policy
- Holiday entitlement of 23 days (rising to 25 days after 5 years’ service) plus Public and Bank Holidays along with college closure days at Xmas.
- Child Care Vouchers
- Ability to Purchase Additional Annual Leave via a salary sacrifice arrangement
- Access to an employee assistance scheme
- On-site gym at the Sparsholt campus (membership £100 per annum)
- Free gym classes at the Sparsholt campus
- You Make the Difference Staff nomination scheme
- Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, flowers, fruit & vegetables, fish, venison and turkey.
- Access to discounted hair and beauty treatments at the Andover campus
- Discounted admission to Marwell Zoo
- Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications
- Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider