Human Resources Assistant
25 - 30 hours per week (over 5 days)
Working as part of a busy and focused team you will provide quality customer focused administrative support to the Human Resource Service with a specific focus on the day to day transactional processes related to staff recruitment.
You will be one of the main points of contact for general first line advice and enquiries on various College HR policies, procedures and administrative matters. The role is based at the Sparsholt Campus but from time to time there will be a requirement to work at the Andover campus.
To be considered for the role you will possess the following:
- Experience of working in a fast-paced office environment
- Ability to work as part of a team but also able to work under your own initiative with a “can-do” attitude.
- Strong prioritisation and attention to detail skills
- An outstanding standard of written and spoken English with a pleasant telephone manner and excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to communicate effectively at all levels
- Excellent computer skills with a good working knowledge of Word, Excel, Outlook and Internet Explorer
Please refer to the job description and person specification for a comprehensive list of the main duties and the requirements of the role.
College benefits include:
- Eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme)
- Free on-site parking
- Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
- Holiday entitlement of 22/23 days pro rata (rising to 25 days after 5 years’ service) plus Public and Bank Holidays along with college closure days at Xmas.
- Child Care Voucher Scheme
- Ability to Purchase Additional Annual Leave via a salary sacrifice arrangement
- Access to an employee assistance scheme
- On-site gym at the Sparsholt campus
- You Make the Difference Staff nomination scheme
- Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including plants, flowers, fruit & vegetables, fish, venison and turkey.
- Access to discounted hair and beauty treatments at the Andover campus
- Discounted admission to Marwell Zoo
- Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications