Resource Assistant - Trowel Occupations
37 hours per week
Benefits: Pension, Free Parking, Holidays
Summary of Responsibilities:
To be responsible for the maintenance, and effective operation of equipment and resources within the School. To provide support for lecturers, instructors, supervisors/and students.
- Ensure maintenance and working order of equipment and resources.
- Receive, check and store materials and equipment delivered to their designated area.
- Preparation of materials, consumables and equipment to ensure efficient delivery of teaching and learning sessions.
- Producing and adhering to maintenance schedules to ensure an efficient and safe learning environment.
- Provide support to students in classrooms/work areas under guidance and instruction from lecturers or specialist practitioners.
- Required to maintain security of equipment/resources in a safe, secure and clean environment.
- Maintain an awareness of Health and Safety at all times and assist with ensuring that students are aware of safe practices and procedures.
- Responsible for the maintenance of specialist pieces of equipment in the school.
- Work unsupervised and use initiative to provide a quality-learning environment
Standard Responsibilities for all positions in B&FC:
- To fully adhere to all college policies and procedures.
- Take appropriate responsibility to ensure the health and safety of self and others.
- Pursue the achievement and integration of equality and diversity throughout all College activities.
- Blackpool and The Fylde College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff to share this commitment.
- To show commitment to the College and its internal and external customers.
- To work co-operatively with colleagues at all times.
- Undertake any other tasks and responsibilities appropriate to the level of this post.
This job description is current at the date shown and may be amended.
Interview Date: TBC