Student Support Co-Ordinator
Based on the university campus in Guildford, Surrey International Study Centre offers foundation courses that prepare international students for entry onto the first year of their chosen degree course at the University of Surrey.
The Surrey ISC to appoint a Student Support Co-Ordinator to provide support to centre stakeholders including ISC students, the academic team, and student services. The role will oversee the centre’s UKVI compliance process and attendance monitoring.
- Ensure management of HTS risk once a student has arrived
- Record keeping in line with Home Office regulations
- Providing students with correct financial information for CAS and Visa applications
- Contacting absent students and informing parents and agents when necessary
- To provide students with information in relation to visa applications and immigration issues, creating CAS numbers where necessary
- To keep up-to-date with visa requirements and application procedures, liaising with HO and Visa and Compliance team as necessary
- Maintenance of UKVI HTS including updating and uploading of student information on UKVI SMS system and Study Global and assisting with QAA inspections
- To refer students for Police Registration, monitor registrations and record information
Induction and Registration:
- To assist with student induction including the preparation of induction packs
- Record and monitor late arriving students
- To run weekly attendance reports from Progresso for distribution to the Management team
- To support academic staff with attendance registers and upload where necessary onto Progresso
- Monitor and report under 18s attendance in line with Centre Attendance Policy and follow up absences
- Liaise with Head of Centre, Heads of Department, Welfare Office and Administration Manager on absence issues as appropriate
- To monitor student attendance and follow attendance protocol including Home Office/UKVI requirements
- Checking attendance report weekly including maintaining absence records.
- Ensure attendance is logged onto Progresso and maintaining absence spreadsheet
- To be the deputy safeguarding lead at Surrey ISC
Processing student data and information:
- Record and monitor student late arrivals
- To keep student details up-to-date on master spreadsheet and Study Global database as required
- To update student bookings with Study Plan changes, including plus classes and exam resits on Study Global and the master spread sheet and informing students.
- To deal professionally and promptly with students enquiries and requests for support and foster positive relationships with the student body
- Ensure student details are kept up-to-date
- Being a point of contact for all students’ on face to face matters
- To provide general student support as required, including student correspondence – bank letters, police registration, study confirmation and council tax letters
- To support engagement with Building Futures activities
- To foster productive relationships with the student body and members of staff
- To ensure noticeboards in reception and breakout areas are regularly updated
- Cover the role of Welfare Officer in their absence
- Cover admin duties for other members of staff when absent and during peak periods
- Promote and safeguard the welfare of students with whom you come into contact.
- To assist the Administration Manager, Head of Centre and Welfare Officer as required.
- Level 3 (desirable) or equivalent work experience
The following are desirable:
- Working with international students
- Working in a Higher Education or Further Education environment
- Line management of a small team
- Working in student support services
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Using data and reporting systems
- Experience of working with a student management system (Progresso, for example)
- Knowledge of UKVI compliance and attendance monitoring
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, in particular Word and Excel
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent Communication skills with good standard of written English
- Organisational Skills
- Works on own initiative and is a good team player
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate
Please note, external applicants will require an enhanced DBS check.
To apply, please send a updated CV and covering email via the link below.