Based on the university campus in Guildford, Surrey International Study Centre offers foundation courses that prepare international students for entry onto the first year of their chosen degree course at the University of Surrey.
The Surrey ISC centre is seeking to appoint an academic administrator to oversee the exams and assessment process within centre. This role will provide support key stakeholders within centre and will deputise for the Admin Manager’s in their absence.
- Set up of data onto Academic IT system
- Distribution of exams timetables
- Organise exam set up, invigilation and emergency academic cover
Assessment and Examination Administration
- Proof reading and formatting of assessments
- Preparing assessments packs
- Preparing and emailing statements of entry and timetables
- Collating assessment submission for exams and tracking coursework submission.
- Record assessment and examination results accurately onto Progresso
- Oversight of external moderation process
- Printing exams papers ensuring they are available in a timely manner.
- Secure archiving of exam records
- Supervision of the signing in and signing out process of exam papers
- Liaising with Academic Officer regarding extenuating circumstances
Processing and maintaining records and producing reports
- Assisting with the set-up of assessment screens in Progresso including release and closure of screens in line with the academic calendar
- Production and distribution of interim reports
- Store exam attendance and invigilator reports
- To assist in producing statistical analysis and reports as required
- Production and distribution of end of term reports, transcripts, and course completion documents
Academic Quality Assurance and Academic Support
- Assist with the implementation and administration of academic quality processes to ensure compliance with external bodies
- Assist with periodic documentation reviews/audits
- Assist with production of relevant documentation for re-recognition and revalidation events
- Contribute to the planning of the academic calendar
- Secretary of UAB and PAB and minute taker
- Deputise and manage the student services team when Admin Manager is absence
- Provide general admin support for the centre when required
- Provide student facing advice and support.
- Foster productive relationships with student body and members of staff
- Assist with induction process and arrivals
- Occasionally deal with out-of-office hours queries regarding student arrivals
- Support students to engage with Building Futures activities
- Promoting and safeguarding the welfare of students
- Level 3 (desirable) or equivalent work experience
- Administration or management training or qualification (desirable)
The following are desirable:
- Line management of a small team
- Working in an academic administration environment
- Ability to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Working with students
- Working in an educational environment
- Using data and reporting systems
- Academic administration experience including exam processes.
- Experience of working with a student management system (Progresso, for example)
- Advanced Microsoft Office skills, in particular Word and Excel
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Excellent Communication skills with good standard of written English
- Organisational Skills
- Results driven and able to work to deadlines
- Works on own initiative and is a good team player
Joint Council for Qualifications regulations knowledge
Further and Higher Education Courses/Structures experience
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate
Please note, external applicants will require an enhanced DBS check.
Please send an updated CV and covering email once you click 'Apply'.