Associate Assessors - Customer Service
Westminster Adult Education Service (WAES) recently judged by Ofsted Inspection as “officially good and on our way to outstanding” is the largest local authority adult education service in London and one of the largest in the country. We offer a large and diverse programme of further education qualification courses and employer-based training as well as extensive community based provision. We have a diverse, enthusiastic student community, taught and supported by well qualified, dedicated staff. Our three main centres in Westminster are all modern, easily accessible and purpose built, offering high quality teaching and learning facilities.
We are looking to expand our offer of apprenticeships and diversify into other areas such as Traineeship.
Fully qualified freelance tutors and assessors for Functional Skills English & Maths, Health & Social Care, Business Admin, Customer Service, Team Leading, and Management in Care and Management are required for Levels 1 - 5.
We are looking for committed professionals to work across London, Surrey and surrounding areas to deliver and assess qualifications.
You will need to be able to:
- Identify learner's strengths and weakness' through initial assessment and support them accordingly.
- Set and review SMART targets.
- Provide progress feedback to learners and provide support to ensure they meet their personalised targets using e-learning systems.
- Ensure each learner's progression is recorded efficiently and assess competence throughout their qualifications and be able to provide outstanding teaching and learning experiences.
- Use e-portfolio
You must have a recognised assessor qualification along with PTLLS / teaching qualification and be capable of delivering training sessions as well as coaching 1 to 1. You will be part of a supportive team within your subject who are able to help you with any issues and make sure you are on track to meet the achievable standards of a competent training organisation.
Minimum Required Qualifications:
- Level 2 Functional Skills Maths & English or GCSE English & Maths, Level 3 Assessor, A1 Assessor or Equivalent
- You must hold the equivalent or higher qualification in any subject you plan to assess
- Freelance Assessing: 1 year
- Relevant 12 months CPD
If you are interested, please send your CV with details of qualifications, experience and recent CPD and a covering Letter to the apprenticeship team firstname.lastname@example.org