Lecturer in Dance and Musical Theatre (Maternity Cover)
This post is fixed term, 37 hours per week, covering maternity leave until July 2018 or the return of the substantive post holder, whichever is the earliest.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and inspiring Lecturer with a track record of success to teach Performing Arts Dance and Musical Theatre from Levels 2-5. You will coordinate the L3 Diploma in Musical Theatre and contribute to the development and organisation of the curriculum as a member of the Performing Arts team.
As a Lecturer in Performing Arts, you should:
- Have a Degree in Performing Arts (or other related discipline)
- Hold GCSE A*- C in Maths and English qualifications or Level 2 equivalent
- Have relevant industry experience
You should also be able to demonstrate:
- Experience of teaching Performing Arts Dance and Musical Theatre related subjects both practical and theoretical
- Experience of working with 16-18 year olds and 19+, ideally in a teaching capacity
- Experience of adopting a range of teaching and learning strategies
- Child Care Vouchers
- Generous Annual Leave
- Discounted Metro Card Scheme
- Good Pension Scheme
- Excellent Training & Development
Closing date: 11.00am on Monday 16 October 2017
Provisional interview date: Tuesday 31 October 2017
Transforming lives through learning …
… by enabling young people, adults and employers to fulfil their potential.
Wakefield College is committed to safeguarding the welfare of all students and this post will be subject to Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS.
We aim to develop a workforce that reflects the diverse community we serve and positively encourage applications from all.
See what we have to offer and come join us. You won’t be disappointed.
For more information about Wakefield College and the opportunity to apply, please click the Apply button and you will be redirected to our college website.