2 days left
- Full Time
Who We Are
Study Group is a global leader in providing a transformational learning experience for international students, leaving them with academic success and rewarding careers. 2016 was a successful year with 70,000 students enrolling across 163 countries. Above all, providing a fantastic learning experience to our students is at the heart of what we do, so if you are passionate, dedicated, and interested in embarking in a truly fulfilling position, then you’ve come to the right place.
To provide academic and operational leadership to the team responsible for designing and delivering the University of Sussex International College’s portfolio of programmes; and to lead the relationship with the partner university in respect of operational and academic management matters.
Leadership, management and personal development
- Lead and motivate International Study Centre academic staff to contribute to ensuring the best possible student outcomes and student experience.
- Contribute to developing, communicating and enacting the strategy and priorities for the College.
- Provide effective performance management of direct reports, including: setting personal objectives and KPIs; regularly reviewing performance of direct reports; and conducting formal performance reviews according to company policy and procedures.
- Facilitate, encourage and support staff to participate in regular personal development activity.
- Recruit new staff as required according to Study Group policies and procedures.
- Actively lead the College Senior Management Team.
- Plan and undertake regular personal development as agreed with Network Director.
- Represent the College on key joint committees and in the absence of the Network Director deputise on strategic groups.
Academic and Operational Management
- Lead the planning, management and delivery of all ISC’s academic programmes and courses to ensure the best possible student outcomes and student experience.
- Set the framework for and oversee the allocation of teaching resources, ensuring that teaching and learning activities are planned and delivered within an agreed budget and meet operational margins.
- Ensure that teaching resources are planned and allocated in good time before the start of each term.
- Ensure that effective processes are in place for the recruitment of academic staff and ensure that all academic staff are suitably qualified to teach sessions and courses on which they are scheduled.
- Provide leadership to ensure that the Deputy Director, Curriculum and Progression and Deputy Director Quality and Innovation design and introduce new courses and products as appropriate to the College’s strategic Partnership Development Plan.
- Contribute to and ensure the delivery of the College’s Partnership Development Plan.
Academic Standards, Quality Assurance and Enhancement
- Lead on ensuring that the design and delivery of all courses are conducted with reference to and according to Study Group’s, University of Sussex and relevant external agencies’ quality frameworks, policies, procedures and codes of practice.
- Ensure that processes are in place for the effective design and implementation of appropriate, fair and secure assessment activities on all courses and ensure all students receive effective assessment feedback.
- Lead on ensuring the implementation of actions from the Centre Action Plan, and monitor and report regularly on progress against actions in the Centre Action Plan.
- Run and chair relevant governance committees and groups as agreed with the College Director and TUoS.
- Ensure high levels of automatic progression are achieved for students across all modules, courses and programmes
- Analyse data and feedback from a wide variety of sources to monitor progress towards progression targets, planning and implementing remedial actions where necessary.
- Produce Annual Monitoring Report for submission to Study Group (Provider) and the University.
Course approval, changes and programme oversight
- Lead on preparing new courses for approval/endorsement and existing courses for re-approval.
- Lead on proposing course changes to the relevant Study Group or University committee or group.
- Maintain, through the Academic Director and College deliberative structures, an oversight of courses running in each programme to ensure consistency across the delivery of various courses in each programme.
- Ensure, through the Deputy Director, Curriculum and Progression and Deputy Director Quality and Innovation and ISC deliberative structures, that new courses are designed to meet existing programme academic requirements.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with key contacts at the University, ensuring a full understanding of relevant University curriculum content, assessment modes and quality policies and procedures.
- Facilitate interaction between University staff and ISC academic and professional services staff to ensure the best possible transition for students.
- Attend and represent the ISC at governance and management meetings with the University as agreed with the College Director, providing presentations, information and data analysis.
- Leadership and management experience in a teaching and learning environment
- Experience of teaching in UK higher or further education
- Experience of leading and facilitating change
- Experience of teaching international students
- Experience of planning and running complex education courses and programmes
- Experience of partnership working or partnership management in the education sector
- Ability to operate within quality assurance frameworks or to quality codes
- Understanding of UKVI rules and guidance
- Ability to analyse data and identify areas for improvement from the data
- Ability to lead a diverse team of academic professionals
- Flexibility and willingness to work to tight deadlines
- Student-centred approach to planning and delivering educational services
- Enthusiasm and motivation to be a performance driven team leader
- Bachelor degree
- Teaching qualification
- Leadership and management training
Study Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students, and expects all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Applicants will be required to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role, including checks with past employers, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records if appropriate
Apply for Centre Director
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly