Degree Apprentice - Software Developer
Would you like to earn while you learn? Blackpool and The Fylde College are looking for talent to progress and nurture. So get your career off to the best start at an organisation that offers support with your education and top quality qualifications.
The Salary Progression path is:
Year 1- £10,000
Year 2- £15,000
Year 3- £20,000
Upon successful full completion, there will be a full salary review.
Summary of responsibilities
To study towards and achieve a degree in BSc (Hons) Digital and Technology Solutions (Software Developer). Being responsible for the production of ad-hoc management reports and forms. Participating in the production of interfaces between core College business systems and other internal/external systems. Taking a technical role in IT Projects that require the skills and expertise of own area.
- Deliver a software development, support and maintenance service for core business applications
- Undertake the production of software/applications using a variety of developments tools
- Assist in the timely and efficient fault resolution of issues that may be raised to the Software Development Team and deliver excellent customer service.
- Communicate effectively with all affected parties throughout the lifecycle of an issue or project.
- Follow a documented change control process for the Software Development Team.
- To provide support to the other IT Services Teams.
- Ensure that all documentation is completed, updated and made available to all IT Services Teams
- To provide support and technical knowledge to IT projects
- Provide 3rd line support for business critical systems to ensure continuing operational service
- Contribute to the implementation of the IT strategy.
- Assist in delivering IT strategic goals in own area of expertise.
- Provide resource to and assist other IT Service Delivery Teams to deliver their strategic goals.
- Identify and action own development plans and training opportunities where possible. Participate in regular one to one meetings to monitor performance.
- This job description is current at the date shown and may be amended after consultation and agreement between management and the post holder.
- Actively contribute to the development and improvement of the IT Service by scanning for appropriate new technologies and contributing to Service Improvement plans.
Health, Safety & Security
- Ensure that all College Health & Safety Policies are adhered to in own working practices.
- Ensure own awareness of relevant health & safety policies.
- Complete and where appropriate escalate, risk assessments for own work area.
- Comply with all College policies regarding appropriate dress and visibility of identification badge.
Standard Responsibilities for all positions in B&FC:
- To fully adhere to all college policies and procedures.
- Take appropriate responsibility to ensure the health and safety of self and others.
- Pursue the achievement and integration of equality and diversity throughout all College activities.
- Blackpool and The Fylde College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff to share this commitment.
- To show commitment to the College and its internal and external customers.
- To work co-operatively with colleagues at all times.
- Undertake any other tasks and responsibilities appropriate to the level of this post.
This job description is current at the date shown and may be amended after consultation and agreement between management and the post holder.