Tutor - Film &TV Production
7 days left
- Part Time
Great holiday allowance, excellent benefits package, 1000s of retail discounts and fantastic pension options.
Join the largest Further Education College in the UK as a HE Film and TV Production Tutor on a part time basis (18.5 hours). We are specifically looking for tutors who can teach Set Design & Construction (Film & TV) and/or Picture Post Post Production (Film & TV)
The award winning Manchester Film School at The Manchester College specialises in the teaching of practical, industry standard film making. It`s graduates have gone on to work on high end drama and feature films across the world from Harry Potter to Downton Abbey.
- Join our innovative and growing department and be part of our amazing journey
- By becoming our new Film and TV Production Tutor help us reach our College 2020 strategic plan to grow and develop our provision.
- We have a common set of values across everything we do, helping define who we are and how we behave
- Improve lives and economic success through learning and skills
The Manchester College is based at many sites across the city, each with its own specialist cutting edge facilities within a friendly and supportive environment. We are the largest FE college in the UK providing education and training to a wide range of learners. We have a fantastic opportunity available for a highly motivated, enthusiastic Film and TV Production Tutor to join Manchester Film School. The role is an intensely practical one, which will involve the delivery of teaching to a wide range of students across all three years groups, working on a series of practical film projects.
In order to do this, you will need:
- Must have a teaching / assessing (as appropriate) qualification and subject specialist qualification at Level 4 (Level 5 - new standards) with a commitment to obtain the relevant outstanding Level 4 (Level 5 - new standards) qualification within a specified time scale.
- Must have significant industry experience in either Set Design and Construction or in Picture Post Production.
- Extensive knowledge of high end TV Drama, TV commercials or feature film production.
- Willingness to develop industry contacts with a view to securing work experience for current/recent students
- English & Maths - must be qualified to a minimum of Level 2
- Track record of effective teaching in delivering in subject specialism
- Plan, lead and develop the curriculum area within the establishment to ensure compliance with the national curriculum framework, the integration of functional skills, best practice and quality targets.
The Manchester College is an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community. We have also recently been awarded the Investors in Diversity award.
All applicants must demonstrate in their application their ability to meet the Key Responsibilities, Key Result Areas and Qualifications/Skills/Experience detailed within the role profile for shortlisting purposes.
Salaries are based on skills, qualifications and experience. All salaries are subject to job evaluation.