Bank- Education Support Worker
Summary of Responsibilities:
Working as part of a cross-College team of people supporting students with learning difficulties and/or disabilities to achieve autonomy and a positive self image grounded in being able to operate as independently as possible, contribute to their environment and achieve success on their courses.
- Negotiate attainable targets and timescales with students, which relate to their personal progression at College and regularly review and record progress towards these.
- Work with tutors to enable them to develop coherent, cohesive strategies for the management of the student’s whole development whilst on a course.
- Work in the classroom with students on such activities as (this list is not exhaustive): note taking, student directed writing, acting on communication support with teachers and others, assisting with manual task, working with assistive technology.
- Support students in out-of-class activities such as(this list is not exhaustive): Mobility and the use of Hoists (training will be provided), obtaining food, obtaining drinks, handling money, personal self-management skills, the development of appropriate communication skills (sometimes interpreting), provide assistance to enable students to feed themselves, provide assistance to enable students to access toilet facilities.
- To maintain accurate records of support under the direction of Coordinators, Specialists and Managers.
Standard Responsibilities for all positions in B&FC:
- To fully adhere to all college policies and procedures.
- Take appropriate responsibility to ensure the health and safety of self and others.
- Pursue the achievement and integration of equality and diversity throughout all College activities.
- Blackpool and The Fylde College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff to share this commitment.
- To show commitment to the College and its internal and external customers.
- To work co-operatively with colleagues at all times.
- Undertake any other tasks and responsibilities appropriate to the level of this post.
This job description is current at the date shown and may be amended after consultation and agreement between management and the post holder.