5 days left
- Full Time
Great holiday allowance, excellent benefits package, 1000s of retail discounts and fantastic pension options.
Share your knowledge and allow our students to follow their dreams. Be part of our team in our Employability and Engagement department as a Project Worker.
- To ensure on-going support and motivation for learners throughout the academic year; individually and as part of a group
- To support lessons and liaise closely with teaching staff from the college and Manchester Secondary PRU
- To implement the planning, delivery and assessment of the curriculum, recreational and vocational activities, including individualised timetables when required.
- To be jointly responsible for the day to day safeguarding, motivation and pastoral care of learners. To promote opportunities for learner voice throughout the academic year.
The Manchester College is based at many sites across the city, each with its own specialist cutting edge facilities within a friendly and supportive environment. We are the largest FE college in the UK providing education and training to a wide range of learners.
The role of a Project Worker requires you to support and delivering curriculum and pastoral care to learners in under 16 alternative education provision. To support learners and address their emotional and behavioural barriers to learning, in partnership with Manchester Secondary Pupil Referral Unit
In order to do this, you will need:
- Relevant Youth and Community Work qualification or equivalent
- Relevant appropriate experience working in a youth related environment
- Significant experience of working with school-age learners within alternative education settings
- Maths and English at Level 2 or equivalent would be desirable.
The Manchester College is an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community. We have also recently been awarded the Investors in Diversity award.
All applicants must demonstrate in their application their ability to meet the Key Responsibilities, Key Result Areas and Qualifications/Skills/Experience detailed within the role profile for shortlisting purposes.
Salaries are based on skills, qualifications and experience. All salaries are subject to job evaluation.