Summary of responsibilities:
To work in-line with the College’s Employability Strategy. To be part of a team of professionals within the Careers Team and wider Careers Zone offering information, advice and guidance to students and staff with regard to careers, employability and student support funding.
- To provide high quality and timely careers, employability and financial support guidance to prospective and current students. To deliver this information through 1:1 face to face interactions, telephone, e-guidance and through the delivery of interactive group presentations.
- To deliver interactive group sessions to all levels of students from the suite of Careers Team detailed in the Careers procedure.
- To work closely with College progress tutors to ensure all students are able to access appropriate information, advice and guidance to make informed decisions on careers and also financial support requirements to assist with attendance and success.
- To fully utilise student recording and progress systems to enhance student career planning and ensure all students have a clear concise and effective career plan.
- To maintain records of interactions on college student progress system, etracker and be able to demonstrate a proactive and accountable approach to student engagement.
- To engage with students in cross College areas to promote the work of the Careers Zone and inform students about the opportunities that is available to enable lifelong learning and end goal of sustainable employment.
- To ensure all careers information, advice and guidance is readily available, up to date and easily accessible for all students and staff
- To work as part of the team within the Careers Zone ensuring students have access to information, advice and guidance and ensuring this information is kept up to date through internal systems such as moodle and etracker.
- To offer advice and guidance on all aspects of financial support to students including assessing eligibility of support and working cross college to ensure students are aware of the financial support opportunities available to them.
- To work open days, enrolment and other college events as required.
- To participate in appropriate networks inside and outside college.
- To attend necessary training with regard to student support funding as required.
- Record interactions and interventions as appropriate and be able to illustrate and evaluate impact in year and end of year -and for input into Annual Service Reporting
- Assist with preparation for matrix accreditation and maintenance of standards.
- To work effectively as a team to ensure students receive high quality advice and guidance on careers and student support funds to enable their success.
Standard Responsibilities for all positions in B&FC:
- To fully adhere to all college policies and procedures.
- Take appropriate responsibility to ensure the health and safety of self and others.
- Pursue the achievement and integration of equality and diversity throughout all College activities.
- Blackpool and The Fylde College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff to share this commitment.
- To show commitment to the College and its internal and external customers.
- To work co-operatively with colleagues at all times.
- Undertake any other tasks and responsibilities appropriate to the level of this post.
This job description is current at the date shown and may be amended after consultation and agreement between management and the post holder.