Technician - Animal Management Centre
4 days left
- Full Time
£15,075 - £18,290 (dependent upon qualifications)
The post holder will work under the direction of the Animal Management Centre Head in undertaking the management and daily husbandry of the teaching collections of birds (ratites, pheasants, poultry, owls, cranes, waterfowl, hornbills, finches and parrots) and paddock animals (donkeys, alpacas, goats, dwarf zebu, wallabies and mara).
Working with instructors, the post holder will provide practical support and supervision to students in practical subjects both on an individual and group basis, ensuring provision is learner focused, to achieve exemplary standards in animal welfare, teaching and customer service.
Candidates should be educated to at least level 2 in a relevant vocational subject and be able to demonstrate significant professional experience working with a range of either birds or hoofstock; with at least some knowledge of both. A flexible approach to a varied workload and a real enthusiasm for the animals you will be working with are essential, and some teaching or supervisory experience would be advantageous.
This post is based at the Sparsholt campus. The college is a full BIAZA member with a significant animal collection with exciting plans for further development.
Closing Date: 25 September 2017
Interview Date: 03 October 2017
• Eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme)
• Death Benefit grant of 3 x salary if in the pension scheme
• Free on-site parking
• Car Share Scheme
• Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
• Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
• Flexible Working Policy
• Holiday entitlement of 22 days (rising to 25 days after 5 years’ service) plus Public and Bank Holidays along with college closure days at Xmas.
• Child Care Vouchers
• Ability to Purchase Additional Annual Leave via a salary sacrifice arrangement
• Access to an employee assistance scheme
• On-site gym at the Sparsholt campus (membership £100 per annum)
• Gym classes at the Sparsholt campus
• You Make the Difference Staff nomination scheme
• Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, flowers, fruit & vegetables, fish, venison and turkey.
• Access to discounted hair and beauty treatments at the Andover campus
• Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications
• Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider
Apply for Technician - Animal Management Centre
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly