Sessional Lecturer English (GCSEs and Functional Skills)
North Warwickshire and South Leicestershire College are two very successful Midlands Colleges who have been working together since 2013 as a federated college. In August of this year the two colleges merged to form North Warwickshire and South Leicestershire College. The College is graded ‘Good’ by Ofsted across all aspects, and has had two recent and very positive QAA reports. The College is absolutely committed to excellence in all areas.
English and maths is a college priority and we are looking for individuals who share our vision that every learner is entitled to excellent learning, teaching and assessment in English and maths. If you believe that every learner should have the opportunity to develop their English skills and you have an innovative approach to engaging learners in English then NWSLC would like to work with you.
What we are looking for:
- Enthusiasm for delivering English to a variety of learners and vocation
- Experience of delivering GCSEs and Functional Skills
- Relevant English and teaching qualifications
What we will do for you:
- Give you the opportunity to work with a dedicated English specialist team to improve the learning experience and achievement of all learners
- Support you with high quality professional development
- Give you a range of teaching opportunities across vocational areas, age groups and locations
These roles will ideally suit a newly qualified teacher or an experienced teacher looking to move into the further education sector.