Head of Curriculum- Creative Arts and Digital Industries
Summary of Responsibilities
To lead a team of experienced staff in the development and delivery of high quality full-time and part-time programmes to achieve College objectives and achievement of high levels of student success
- With vision and creative flair, provide overall academic and strategic leadership for the curriculum area to deliver an outstanding student experience, which engages, inspires and prepares students for the world of work.
- Lead and manage inspiring learning and teaching opportunities across the curriculum area which deliver year on year improvements in student retention, attendance, success, value added, progression, work experience and outcome measures.
- Lead the ongoing development of a dynamic and future focussed curriculum offer, which is demonstrably responsive to LMI, LEP priotities and employer/stakeholder needs.
- Lead the effective delivery of a holistic, high quality and distinctive Partners for Success tutorial, support and guidance framework within the curriculum area.
- Lead the effective implementation and continuous development of the College’s Employability Strategy within the curriculum area.
- Lead and facilitate highly effective student engagement including active citizenship, positive personal behaviours, respect for others, enterprise awareness, professional behaviours and attitudes.
- Promote positive and safe environments where learning can flourish, working with colleagues across the college to ensure we are providing necessary safeguarding (including Prevent) support for students.
- Develop an annual business plan for the curriculum area, including accurate forecasting to deliver against agreed targets and to report achievement by means of regular performance monitoring.
- Implement a lean, effective and efficient resource strategy within the curriculum area to support the delivery of the college’s learning and teaching strategy including for example; optimised timetabling; staff utilisation; and the use of learning technologies to support social and self-directed learning.
- Lead the continuous improvement of customer centric behaviours within the curriculum area and to coach, mentor, develop and line manage direct reports in line with the College’s People Strategy.
- Promote a culture of high performance and constructive self-criticism to deliver outstanding performance.
- Ensure effective communication within the curriculum area.
- Maintain and improve health and safety standards in the curriculum area.
- Work collaboratively across College to ensure that the College achieves its mission and strategic plan.
Duties of all Managers across the College
- To support the College in its corporate endeavours and achievement of its Mission and Strategic Plan.
- To manage an annual self-assessment exercise in order to monitor and evaluate performance, to bring about year on year improvement.
- To manage the recruitment and selection process and be responsible for the development and annual performance management of staff.
- To manage and allocate resources effectively and efficiently to high standards expected in the public services.
- To establish effective communication within and outside the college.
- To maintain and improve Health and Safety standards in the area of responsibility.
- To establish and secure quality improvement and produce an annual Quality Improvement Plan.
Standard Responsibilities for all employees of B&FC:
- To fully adhere to all college policies and procedures.
- Take appropriate responsibility to ensure the health and safety of self and others.
- Pursue the achievement and integration of equality and diversity throughout all College activities.
- Blackpool and The Fylde College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We expect all staff to share this commitment.
- To show commitment to the College and its internal and external customers.
- To work co-operatively with colleagues at all times.
- Undertake any other tasks and responsibilities appropriate to the level of this post.
This Job Description is current as at September 2017 and may be amended from time to time after consultation.
Following discussions with your line manager, other specific duties may be added in line with successful candidates’ key competencies.