Instructor - Game and Wildlife
£18,840 - £22,508 (dependent upon qualifications and experience)
Sparsholt College has a national reputation and a long proud history of training future gamekeepers and wildlife managers, many of whom are now in key jobs across the whole of the UK. We are now seeking a new member of staff to join the Game & Wildlife team.
We are looking to recruit a suitably qualified and experienced person to work as an instructor/technician to ensure that facilities and equipment are maintained to support teaching as well as assisting in the delivery of practical teaching.
Your main role will be the day to day operation and supervision of the Game facilities including rearing pheasants, partridges and quail, husbandry of the College Sika herd, pest and predator control, and assistance with local game shoots.
Candidates for this role should have substantial experience of gamekeeping including extensive working knowledge of gamebird rearing and release and pest and predator control. Ideally you will hold a Level 2 qualification in a relevant subject. You will also need to be self-motivated and have the aptitude to work with young people and help to educate the next generation. On commencement of the role you will undertake a MIDAS minibus course as a full driving licence is essential as you will be required to drive minibuses and landrovers offsite for practical work carried out by students. Possession of Shotgun and Firearms Certificates are also desirable.
This post is based at our Winchester (Sparsholt) campus.
Closing Date: 02 October 2017
• Eligibility to join the Local Government Pension Scheme (a defined benefit pension scheme)
• Death Benefit grant of 3 x salary if in the pension scheme
• Free on-site parking
• Car Share Scheme
• Occupational Sick Pay Scheme
• Occupational Maternity Pay Scheme
• Flexible Working Policy
• Holiday entitlement of 23 days (rising to 25 days after 5 years’ service) plus Public and Bank Holidays along with college closure days at Xmas.
• Child Care Vouchers
• Ability to Purchase Additional Annual Leave via a salary sacrifice arrangement
• Access to an employee assistance scheme
• On-site gym at the Sparsholt campus (membership £100 per annum)
• Gym classes at the Sparsholt campus
• You Make the Difference Staff nomination scheme
• Facility to purchase Sparsholt produce including: plants, flowers, fruit & vegetables, fish, venison and turkey.
• Access to discounted hair and beauty treatments at the Andover campus
• Discounted admission to Marwell Zoo
• Ability to access a range of CPD events and support with undertaking professional qualifications
• Various food outlets and eateries offering good value food and drink at competitive prices
There is a nursery on the Sparsholt campus operated by a commercial provider
Apply for Instructor - Game and Wildlife
Already uploaded your CV? Sign in to apply instantly