Tutor - Functional Skills (HMYOI Werrington)
Great holiday allowance, excellent benefits package, thousands of retail discounts and fantastic pension scheme options
Tutor - Functional Skills, Permanent - Full Time (37 hrs per week)
A forward looking social business, helping people turn their lives around.
Werrington Young Offender Institution (YOI) provides specialist custodial places for boys aged 15-18. There are up to 128 young people at Werrington, either sentenced or remanded in custody. Education at Werrington is at the heart of the regime, with a range of learner pathways including Multi Skills, Barista, Sports Studies and Music. Core subjects of English, Maths, ICT and Work/Life Skills are embedded into each pathway and an Advice and Guidance service is provided to young people approaching release.
- We are laying the foundations for change with new and innovative approaches.
- Leading the way as a not for profit social enterprise.
- In joining our team, you'll become part of the unique LTE group, shaping the development of education delivery.
- We take great pride in raising the aspirations of learners to increase employability and reduce re-offending.
Novus is a not for profit social enterprise and market leader in offender education, training and employability services across the UK. Our mission is to improve lives and economic success through learning and skills.
We have a great opportunity at HMYOI Werrington to join the education team as a Tutor in Functional Skills (Maths and English). The purpose of this role is to teach, develop and deliver high quality learner focussed education. This is a challenging but rewarding role and we need someone who is flexible and resilient, with the ability to encourage, engage and motivate, to help give children and young people a brighter future.
This is an exceptionally rewarding role, to do this successfully you'll need to:
- Have a teaching qualification or subject specialism qualification at Level 4 (Level 5 new standards) with a commitment to obtain the relevant outstanding Level 4 (Level 5 new standards) qualification within a specified time scale
- Have a track record of effective teaching and delivering in a subject specialism
- Hold at least a Level 2 qualification in Literacy and Numeracy or be willing to commit to gaining the qualification(s) within 1 year
Novus is an equal opportunities employer welcoming applications from all sections of the community. All applicants must demonstrate in their application their ability to meet the Key Responsibilities, Key Result Areas and Qualifications/Skills/Experience detailed within the role profile for shortlisting purposes. Salaries are based on skills, qualifications and experience. All salaries are subject to job evaluation.