Lecturer - Electrical Installation
Aims of Job/Job Purpose
The role of a Main Grade Lecturer (MGL) at South & City College Birmingham is to support the College’s aims, objectives and mission statement to provide quality education and training in response to local need.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Required to teach on range of Electrical Programmes, both theory and practical, including the 2365 Level’s 2 &3, and also full cost recovery industry related (2391/5, 17th regulations, Pat testing and Part P) and other electrical related programmes.
- Responsible for planning and managing learning programmes (which will include curriculum development and regular review meetings)
- Responsible for the management and tracking of the student learning programme to include administering all paperwork related to tutor courses and groups, tracking documents monitoring targets, achieving and maintaining group size targets and arranging additional support where required.
- Act as a course leader providing learners with academic support, meeting their vocational and educational needs.
- Carry out the required assessment which will include initial advice and guidance, initial assessment, referral for additional support, assign homework and provide timely feedback on the learning experience.
- Ensure timely and accurate completion of student and course registers and ensure poor student attendance is addressed and targets set when required.
- Liaise with parents/guardians, schools and other organisations with regards to attendance and achievements, where applicable.
- Responsible for ensuring student progress records are completed in a timely manner which will include monitoring of targets, Individual Learning Plans and e Tracker to provide course progression, advice and guidance.