ESF Business Elevator Project - SME Advisors
Aims of Job/Job Purpose
To engage with target employers to identify current and future recruitment and training needs and use these findings to provide relevant solutions and support business growth and assist the college to develop and align its provision and services to business and students.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- To engage, visit and work closely, for a sustained period, with high growth SMEs throughout the Greater Birmingham area to diagnose and identify current and future recruitment and training needs and present and agree solutions and development activity.
- Advise businesses on current approaches and curriculum and gain their commitment and involvement to assist in development activity linked to curriculum and student employability and placement services.
- Assist Business Elevator Project Manager and college staff to bring about the alignment, development and enhancement of college provision and support services.
- Advise and support any recruitment and selection process to provide suitable candidates for each assignment on behalf of the client. Including the agreement of objectives for the student projects and work packages and manage resulting projects to successful completion.
- Establish effective working relationships with SME delivery partners and other college stakeholders.
- Liaise and meet with appropriate groups and networks to represent the BE Project through meetings, committees and networking events.
- Design and deliver presentations at events throughout the Greater Birmingham area for businesses and business intermediaries.
- Ensure the marketing and effective delivery of a student work placement programme, working in collaboration with colleagues within the college and other delivery partners to the BE project.
- Administer, monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of the placement programme and manage the capture of information to ensure business improvement can be evidenced.
- To support the Project SME Liaison Manager In the delivery of the BE project across the region to effectively manage SME client caseloads to ensure customer service levels are maintained and audit and compliance documentation are completed accurately and on a timely basis.
- Ability to travel throughout the Greater Birmingham area within agreed appointment times and limits.
- Work at all times within the boundaries of European Social Fund regulations and audit procedures, to maintain administrative and CRM records, visit reports, and produce analytical reports as required.
- Any other duties as may reasonable be required by the contract manager or their nominee, consistent with the grade of the post.