ESF Business Elevator Project - SME Liaison Manager
Aims of Job/Job Purpose
The role holder will act as the will co-ordinate and manage engagement with Small and Medium Enterprises (SME’s) to support the objectives of the Business Elevator Project (BE Project). Specifically the role holder will be employed to:
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- Lead on the planning of employer engagement activity and the management of SME Advisors in order to achieve the outcomes of the BE programme and comply with ESF audit and compliance requirements.
- Collate the findings and intelligence gathered by the SME Advisors and report on the alignment with the current offer of the college.
- Organise the dissemination of findings from the project to Faculty Heads and other managers in order to influence the development of the college curriculum particularly in technical and higher level qualification and subject areas.
- Work closely with the Employability and Placement Team within the college to align, develop and enhance student opportunities within SME’s in the Region.
- Facilitate the establishment of Employer/Faculty Advisory Groups across the greater Birmingham region, to inform the development of the college offer and its employment and placement services to students.
- Work with BE Project partners to identify opportunities for collaborative working and cohesive responses to employers in growth and target sectors.
- Act as a point of contact for clients and enquirers to the college in respect of Apprenticeships and other services.
- Develop networks and relationships with partners and stakeholders in the region for the purposes of dissemination and recruitment.
- Evaluate the impact of the project, produce and present materials at seminars and workshops, networking events, exhibitions.
- Represent the college at external and internal networking and other events across the Greater Birmingham region these may require evening attendance.
- Identify and signpost clients to other college services
- Work at all times within the boundaries of European Social Fund regulations and audit procedures, to maintain administrative and CRM records, visit reports, and produce analytical reports as required.
- Ability to travel throughout the Greater Birmingham area within agreed appointment times and limits.
- Any other duties as may reasonable be required by the college management or their nominee, consistent with the grade of the post.