Apprentice Nursery Nurse
Aims of Job/Job Purpose
This is an apprenticeship where you will work towards a work based qualification. You will be required to attend workshops and any other training within the college as required with your assessor and any other early years training relevant to your role.
Key Accountabilities and Responsibilities
- To safeguard the children in your care at all times liaising with colleagues if concerned for a child’s wellbeing
- Organise and provide a stimulating range of equipment, activities and displays, indoors and out, relevant to the ages, stages and needs of the children
- Maintain a high standard of hygiene in relation to self, children, equipment and surroundings
- Take an active part in development of language by sound, conversation, stories, rhymes and songs and be responsible for the correct use of books and for keeping them well maintained
- Maintain a suitable record of each child's development/ health care where necessary
- Promote a sense of identity and worth in each child, which takes a positive view of his/ her culture, religion and home environment
- Take children out of nursery on everyday, domestic expeditions, e.g. shopping, to the library, etc.
- Attend staff meetings when required
- Take advantage of training courses, when able, within the division
- Maintain an active interest in new developments in Early Years practice
- Make parents feel at ease and welcome in the nursery, encouraging participation and discussion
- Report and record any injury or accident (including suspicion of non-accidental injury), following the guidelines laid down by the nursery
- Undertake any other appropriate duties as directed by the Nursery Manager, in the interest of the service
- Treat any information of matters relating to the work within the nursery as confidential
Other Duties and Responsibilities
- Comply with internal and external quality standards and contribute to the College’s strategic aims.
- Comply with college policies and procedures and health and safety regulations.
- Support the safeguarding and promotion of students’ welfare.
- Maintain confidentiality in relation to all College information and to comply with Data Protection Legislation.
- Participate in the College’s Appraisal scheme and undertake any training as required.
- Support and actively participate in the implementation of the College’s Equal Opportunity policies.