Teaching Assistant (Term time only, 30 hours per week)
From September 2014, St Helens College has opened a new Academy for 14-16 year olds who wish to study high quality academic and vocational qualifications. The Academy offers a safe environment, small class sizes and individualised support for the students. We are seeking to appoint a talented and passionate Teaching Assistant to join the team.
We are looking for 2 qualified Teaching Assistants to support pupils with additional needs. Working alongside the Class Teacher you will need to provide support either on a one to one or group basis. This role is very rewarding as you can see the progression of your pupil's ability throughout their time working with you
The successful candidates must have:
- GCSE English & Maths (A-C) or equivalent.
- Teaching Assistant Qualification Level 2/3.
- Previous teaching assistant experience at GCSE level.
- Excellent communication skills with staff, students and parents/guardians.
- Excellent organisational skills
- A flexible approach to work as you will be required to undertake duties outside the normal working hours (open evenings, after school club etc).